"As a rule, I am very careful to be shallow and conventional where depth and originality are wasted"
- Lucy Maud Montgomery
Purpose and Conduct:
- Your purpose in attending the Club is to provide a welcoming place for people to game in by ensuring high standards of sportsmanship, behavior, and respect for others.
- Maintain an atmosphere that is conducive to the nature of the games and respects the desires of fellow gamers.
- Show respect for the venue, its facilities, and the club’s property.
- Respect the property of other gamers.
Sportsmanship and Fair Play:
- Engage in fair play and avoid disruptive physical activities such as chasing around the gaming areas, deliberately interrupting other games, kicking items, immature horseplay, or any behavior that may be considered unsporting conduct.
- The club discourages gamesmanship, “rules lawyering,” and any deliberate methods of play designed to detract from the enjoyment of the games.
- Respect the decisions of the umpire, if one is present.
Respect for Others:
- Be courteous to fellow club members and respect their choice of game systems, miniatures, etc.
- Avoid bad language, personal arguments, taunting, or humiliation of other players.
- Maintain a friendly and inclusive environment, avoiding harassment or bullying.
Social Interaction and Teaching:
- Remember that gaming is a social event and encourage social inclusivity towards new and existing members.
- Welcome new players, teach or show them the game, and explain rules where possible.
- Help create new players and expand people’s understanding and knowledge of games.
- Resolve rules disputes quickly and amicably.
- Refer to the appropriate rule book, ask another member for clarification, or use a fair method such as the roll of a dice to resolve disputes.